The “Holy Word Inland Mission Charitable Trust” is a Chengannur based non-profit charitable organization which is providing palliative care and material support for hundreds of people who are bedridden or living with a serious illness in and around central travancore. It’s a team of volunteers consists of medical professionals, retirees and social workers.
Their objectives are :
* To facilitate palliative care education for volunteers, nurses and doctors with the collaboration of reputed
palliative medical institutions.
* To conduct palliative care awareness classes for public.
* To run an information centre/ help desk for palliative care patients.
* To make a platform for community volunteers to join with Holy Word Inland Mission for palliative care services as ‘Supportive Volunteers’.
* To conduct a monthly bereavement care get-together for the helpless bereaved families.
* To provide livelihood support for needy families of palliative care patients.
* To deliver palliative care services (home visits, food kits, cloth kits distributions, free artificial limbs,
free wheel chairs, medical aids, financial aids, charity helps and palliative care) for helpless patients.
At the moment, the organization does not have a permanent office building to operate from which is a key requirement for them for the volunteers to assemble, conduct require training, store essential medical supplies and do the necessary paperwork. As of now they operate from a rented building but the frequent moves from one building to another creates a sense of helplessness in the staff and volunteers. The rent also has become unaffordable and it’s affecting operations. Training area for the staff has become vitally important recently, as the government has mandated several training modules that need certification. The FCRA certification that the organization is looking to apply for, also requires the need for a permanent address. The ability to store wheelchairs, beds and other materials is easier in a permanent premise.
A well wisher has donated 5 cents of land for this organization to construct and office building. This project request to request raise funds to cover the cost of constructing a new office building. The cost of the project is Thirteen Lakh Rupees(Rs.1,300,000). Please donate and support generously to this cause.
|FundRaising Honor Roll|
|S.No.||Name||Donation Amount||Payment Status|
|1||Jacob Joseph||$ 100||Pledged|
|2||Grace Pullattu||$ 100||Paid|
|3||Robin Cherukara||$ 100||Pledged|
|4||Sibu Thomas||$ 100||Pledged|
|5||Liju & Sithy||$ 100||Paid|
|6||Zeena & Shabeer||$ 250.00||Paid|
|7||Maju Mathews||$ 400.00||Paid|
|8||Jiji Varughese||$ 250||Paid|
Latest Status Updates
|Funds Raised: $0||Released to Beneficiary:|
|Project Status Summary:|
Project Start Date: 1/5/2020
Project Coordinator: Dr. Mathews Thomas
Fund Raising Goal: $
Raised So Far: $0 (0%)
DONATE TO THIS CAUSE